I didn’t receive instructions for my Waterproof Trailerable Motorcycle Cover.
How do install my Waterproof Trailerable Motorcycle Cover?
1. We recommend that you secure your motorcycle to the trailer with four (4) tie-down straps (Ratchet Style - not included) prior to installing the motorcycle cover. We also recommend 2 (two) people to perform the installation.
2. Once the MC is secure to the trailer, place the cover over the MC starting with the front of the cover. The green tag marked "Front" sewn into the hem of the cover is the front center of the cover. Position the cover over the entire MC so that it is resting on the tie-down straps.
3. Re-adjust the tie-down straps, one at a time, and pass them through the openings of the cover. There are four (4) openings for the tie-down straps: two in the front and two in the rear of the cover. Make sure your MC is always secure to the trailer.
THE FOLLOWING STEPS DETAIL SECURING THE COVER TO THE MC AS TIGHTLY AS POSSIBLE
4. Locate the 3 straps, each approximately 4 ft. in length, with a strap buckle clip (male part) on each end sewn to the side of the cover. These straps should go under the MC and attach to the corresponding female parts on the opposite side of the MC cover - front, middle and rear section. Do not tighten securely at this time.
5. Locate the strap and buckle on the rear of the MC cover that runs throughout the bottom hem of the cover - begin to tighten the strap and buckle at the rear of the cover. This will begin to secure the cover around the entirety of the very bottom of the MC. Do not tighten securely at this time.
6. Use the 12 ft. long strap with male buckle clip to secure the cover around the handlebars, forks and gas tank area of the MC. We recommend a zig-zag motion, similar to a shoelace, across the top/front/handlebar area of the MC. The buckle clip (male part) will attach to the female part on the opposite side of the cover in the same location. Snug this portion of the installation as much as possible.
7. There is approximately 100 ft. of additional webbing supplied to be used to secure the cover to the MC. There are numerous loops in which to pass the webbing through for a secure fit. We recommend the zig-zag motion through the loops for the most secure fit. Each installation will be different and the installer needs to use their best judgment on how to secure the cover as tightly as possible to their specific MC.
8. Now go back and re-tighten the side straps (step 4) and bottom strap (step 5) on the MC cover.
9. IMPORTANT: VERIFY THE MC IS SECURE TO THE TRAILER AND COVER IS TIGHTLY SECURED TO HTE MC, TRIM OR SECURE ALL STRAP ENDS TO PREVENT FLAPPING IN THE WIND WHILE TRAILERING.
Heavy Duty MC Cover specifically configured with 4 concealed openings in the cover (2-front/2-back) to allow use of tie-down straps (Ratchet Style - not included) from MC to trailer.
Cover has a number of webbed loops in various locations for ease of securing the cover to the MC.
Cover has 3 straps approximately 4 ft. in length and strap buckle clips (male part) on each side.
Cover has 100 ft of extra webbing to be used to secure the cover tightly to the MC.
Cover has one approximately 12 ft. long strap attached to the right front of the cover.
Cover has 1 strap around the hem of the cover to secure base of the cover.
Cover comes with a reusable storage bag.